Welcome to the Tennis Club real estate in Palm Springs, California. This neighborhood steeped in old Palm Springs charm is named after the prestigious Tennis Club founded in 1937. Tucked against the San Jacinto Mountains and immediately adjacent to downtown, the Tennis Club truly represents the magical essence of Palm Springs. Read More
Schedule A Showing Online Or Call Kimberley Kelly At 760-285-3578
The Tennis Club Homes For Sale
About The Tennis Club Neighborhood
The Tennis Club is a charming neighborhood that has the distinction of being one of the oldest in Palm Springs and possesses a true sense of community. The Tennis Club’s eclectic mixture of 240 single family residences, several condominium properties, over 25 small boutique hotels and restaurants serve to give this neighborhood a true village feeling. Its location is just steps away to Palm Springs’ exciting and alive downtown area. Many of the properties remain surrounded by rustic stone walls and there is even said to be an Indian burial ground here.
The prestigious Tennis Club which this neighborhood was named after was founded in 1937 by Pearl McCallum McManus. She is known as the person responsible for bringing Mid Century Modernism to Palm Springs by incorporating this architectural style into the Club’s design and layout.
Spanish and Moroccan style homes were also built in this community, giving the Historic Tennis Club its charming eclectic ambiance. There are eleven structures located within its boundaries which are on the historic registry.
Though living in the Tennis Club gives one the feeling of stepping back in time, it is conveniently located just a twenty minute drive away from the Palm Springs International Airport and Interstate 10, making travel outside of the valley easy and accessible.
Tennis Club Real Estate Opportunities
The Tennis Club’s charm is its eclectic mix of 240 unique homes along with small hotels, restaurants, etc. Residents ardently guard its historic character and livability and the Historic Tennis Club Neighborhood Organization was started for just that reason – to maintain and promote the diverse and unique architectural design and the tranquil desert environment that characterize the current lifestyle and quality of residents living within its boundaries. If you’re seeking a community oriented lifestyle and love the magic of old style Palm Springs, then the Tennis Club would be a perfect fit.
Historic Tennis Club Real Estate Statistics
- Location: Bounded by Belardo to the East, Tahquitz Rd. to the North, the mountains to the West and Sunny Dunes to the South. In addition, the area known as Tahquitz Canyons Estate located at the West end of Ramon Rd. from Belardo to La Mirada, Palm Springs
- Year Homes Built: early 1900’s to 1940’s, condos
- Year Condos Built: 1950’s to 1970’s
- Number of Homes: 240
- Number of Condos: Tennis Club 400 West-9 units, Tennis Club 500 West 10-units
- Recent Home HOA: no HOA’s for single family homes, residents can joint the Historic Tennis Club Neighborhood Organization
- Recent Condo HOA: Tennis Club 400 West – $200/mo.; Tennis Club 500 West – $300/mo.
- Recent Home Values: approx. $800,000 to approx. $1,300,000
- Recent Condo Values: approx. $140,000 to approx. $160,000