Palm Desert Non-Golf Communities
There are many beautiful Gated and non-gated Non-Golf communities in Palm Desert where the HOAs are very low. Gated communities that are not golf course related can afford lower monthly maintenance fees and are the choice of many full time and seasonal desert residents.
Below is a sample of gated and non-gated non-golf course communities in Palm Desert. To see all gated and non-gated non-golf course communities, just choose your city here: Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Bermuda Dunes, or Indio.
- Brava: This highly sought after Tuscan style condo community is one of a kind in the desert. Located at the corner of Monterey and Country Club Drives, its convenient location is second only to its highly upgraded and detailed interiors and exteriors The Clubhouse has two pools, fitness center & spa and private room for gatherings.
- Cahuilla Hills: Quiet and serene country-like setting near Bighorn, you can find everything from luxury estates to rustic horse ranches, to contemporary masterpieces. Amazing down valley views, and only minutes to El Paseo. Recent home values range from approx. $327,000 to $1,500,000; lots available from .7 acre to 5 acre parcels. NO HOAs.
- Desert Falls Country Club: Is a gated semi-private golf club that includes 1,100 condos, town homes, single family homes and custom estates with a challenging and enjoyable 18-hole championship golf course, 9 tennis courts and much more; Recent HOAs run $435 to $496/mo.
- Hidden Palms: This best kept secret is a small guard-gated community of condo homes ideally located within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, El Paseo and more. Resort style living is easy with low HOAs, pools, tennis and walking paths – all in your own private desert oasis.
- Lantana: This small gated community offers the perfect combination of quality, value and location along with luxurious amenities. These 64 residences are on large lots located right in the heart of Palm Desert, close to all grades of school.
- Montecito: Prestigious guard-gated community in north Palm Desert, homes on spacious lots with high end detail & craftsmanship; adjacent to Desert Willow Golf Course, residents get special rates; low HOAs of $160/mo.; Recent home values of approx. $375,000 to $865,000.
- Monterra: This highly regarded luxury home community is 24 hour guard gated and tucked high on a hillside in South Palm Desert, adjacent to Ironwood Country Club. Built in the late 1980s, these 95 single family residences are minutes away from El Paseo and offer a quality desert lifestyle on spacious estate-size lots.
- Palm Desert Tennis Club: This private, gated tennis community of 100 condo homes is ideally located high up in the Santa Rosa cove in South Palm Desert. The complex has very active tennis and social clubs along with many other amenities, spectacular mountain views and is minutes away from upscale El Paseo.
- Regency Estates: This highly regarded gated neighborhood of 92 one and two-story single family homes, built on large lots, is convenient to schools, shopping, country clubs with golf, the I-10 freeway and more. Low HOAs at $165/month.
- Regency Palms: This small gated enclave of single family homes located in north Palm Desert are family friendly with large lots and close proximity to schools, shopping, Freedom Park, Eisenhower Medical Center and the I-10 freeway. Low HOAs at around $175.
- Sandpiper: These cool mid-century modern condos are located on El Paseo, the trendiest and most fashionable street in the desert. Designed by William Krisel and built in the 1960s, these historic condos are an architectural landmark and feature the typical period high ceilings, clerestory windows, low density layout and much more.
- Silver Spur Ranch: This non-gated community in South Palm Desert, has a fantastic hillside location, close to The Living Desert, many high end Country Clubs, El Paseo and Washington Charter School. It is well known for its eclectic mix of architectural styles, primarily Mid Century Modern.
- Tierra Vista: This highly sought after community of 96 custom Contemporary Mediterranean designed homes on estate sized lots is gated and most conveniently located minutes from more than 7 golf courses. HOAs are low at only $125/mo.
- Venezia: This highly desirable neighborhood in north Palm Desert has great curb appeal, and homes with nice architectural detail throughout. These 94 homes built in ’03-’05 by GHA Communities has a low HOA of $138/mo. Recent home values range from approx. $392,000 to approx. $600,000.
- Vista Paseo: This gated boutique community is nestled in the quiet hills of South Palm Desert, just moments away from world famous shopping and dining on El Paseo and multiple hiking trails, lighted public tennis courts and parks. It’s the best of both worlds, for full-timers and Snowbirds alike . . . and low HOAs of $90/mo.
- Whitehawk: This quiet and secure gated community is ultra convenient to the I-10 freeway, shopping, schools, golfing, restaurants and more. The HOA monthly dues are low at approx. 110/mo., and Recent Home Values range from approx. $190,000 to $450,000.