Palm Springs Non-Golf Communities
There are many beautiful gated and non-gated non-golf course communities in Palm Springs which have low HOAs. Gated communities that are not golf course related can afford lower monthly maintenance fees and are the choice of many year round and seasonal desert residents.
Below is a list of non-golf course communities in Palm Springs. To see all non-golf communities in the area, just choose your City here: Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Bermuda Dunes, or Indio.
- Alta: A master-planned community of 67 semi-custom homes in South Palm Springs canyon area, Alta offers some of the most innovative home design and outstanding views in the desert. Recent home values range from approx. $1,275,000 to $1,400,000.
- Andreas Hills: Known as the “Bel-Air of Palm Springs,” this exclusive address on the south end of Palm Springs near Indian Canyons has spectacular views and no HOAs. Recent home prices range from approx. $600,000 to $4,000,000.
- Araby Cove: Nestled in a private cove in South Palm Springs, this idyllic artsy little neighborhood of just a few dozen homes is full of curving streets that meander up the hillside. Recent home prices range from approx. $325,000 to $1,000,000.
- Chino Canyon: This charming low density community located on a broad sweeping hillside near the Aerial Tramway offers large sweeping views, privacy and a natural beauty all its own. Recent home prices range from approx. $200,000 to $600,000.
- Deepwell Estates: Located in a most desirable wind free area of South Palm Springs, this established neighborhood features larger homes built from the 1930s to the 1950s in a variety of architectural styles. Recent home prices range from approx. $265,000 to $1,400,000.
- Historic Tennis Club: An older neighborhood steeped in Palm Springs charm, the Tennis Club is tucked against, and sometimes up on the hillside with its eclectic mix of inviting residences and close proximity to downtown. Recent home prices range from approx. $675,000 to $2,300,000.
- Little Tuscany: Re-emerging as a much sought after neighborhood, Little Tuscany is known for the serene beauty of its natural surroundings, quiet narrow streets and magnificent elevated views. Homes built in the 40s meet up with modern architecture here. Recent home prices range from approx. $590,000 to $1,900,000.
- Old Las Palmas: Many of Palm Springs’ largest and oldest states can be found here, located between downtown and the mountains. It has a rich history with the Hollywood era and served as playground for the stars. Recent home prices range from approx. $600,000 to $2,500,000.
- Parc Andreas: This private gated community in the tranquil Indian Canyons area of South Palm Springs offers luxurious homes built in the 1980s on large lots in desert contemporary style boasting outstanding views and many recreational opportunities. Recent home prices range from approx. $520,000 to $2,500,000.
- Rimcrest Condos: An iconic Mid-Century development of 48 cantilevered units built onto the hillside beneath the much pricier Southridge real estate, Rimcrest offers endless valley views from its 1600sf floor plans. Recent condo prices range from approx. $170,000 to $275,000.
- Ruth Hardy Park: Located in the heart of Palm Springs, adjacent to the iconic Movie Colony and surrounding a picturesque park, these charming homes range in size from small quaint ranches to walled estates built from the 1930s to 2004. Recent home prices range from approx. $500,000 to $1,400,000.
- Smoke Tree Ranch: This private, out of view guard-gated community is considered to be the “Crown Jewel” of Palm Springs. With 93 luxury residences set on a 300 acre ranch, you will find a relaxed casual and rustic lifestyle in a pristine desert setting. Recent home prices range from approx. $1,300,000 to $3,000,000.
- Southridge: Set high above the desert floor behind a guarded gate, this prestigious and exclusive enclave of luxurious and unique residences has played home to Hollywood celebrities like Bob Hope since the 60s and 70s. It also plays home to some of the world’s most significant architecture. Recent home prices range from approx. $1,000,000 to $7,000,000.
- The Mesa: Just south of downtown Palm Springs, The Mesa is a charming historic hillside community with a European flair. A favorite of celebrities, these homes offer dramatic settings and breathtaking views. Recent home prices range from approx. $400,000 to $5,000,000.
- The Movie Colony: Named after all of the movie stars and directors who owned here, this iconic neighborhood rich in history is located adjacent to downtown Palm Springs. Its large walled estates, bungalows and cottages were built in the 1920s through the 40s and once served as Hollywood’s desert playground. Recent home prices range from approx. $525,000 to $2,250,000.
- Twin Palms: This Mid-Century neighborhood was built mostly in the 1950s – 60s and is located in a currently thriving area of South Palm Springs near Ace Hotel and Koffi. Soaring butterfly and pitched rooflines define these family oriented homes. Recent home prices range from approx. $350,000 to $1,200,000.
- Vista Las Palmas: Tucked between Old Las Palmas and the mountains, this community once known as the “Beverly Hills of Palm Springs” was developed mostly in the 1950s and 60s, boasting unique styles of Mid-Century architecture. Many Hollywood stars owned here, enjoying close proximity to downtown. Recent home prices range from approx. $750,000 to $2,500,000.