Why use a Buyers’ Agent?? With the recent legal settlements regarding the NAR, National Real Estate Association, lots of agents are questioning whether or not buyers will still even use agents. I’ve been selling real estate here in the Coachella Valley for over 20 years. I’ve lived here in the valley for over 40 years! I firmly believe that if someone who doesn’t know this valley like I do, but wants to purchase a property here, will still gravitate toward an agent. I know that I would! If you are looking to buy or sell in any of the nine desert cities here in the Coachella Valley, give local Realtor, Kim Kelly a call at 760-285-3578.
TOP 5 REASONS TO USE A REALTOR
1. Local market knowledge: A local Realtor provides in depth knowledge on pricing trends, the history of any property you may be considering, tax assessment history, the property history over time, and most importantly, local area knowledge.
2. Have a negotiator by your side: Very important, especially when a market is shifting to know what to offer, not just the price, but also the terms. You don’t want to go in too low as that can piss a seller off and they won’t respond at all. You certainly don’t want to pay more than necessary either..and the terms are incredibly important. What is driving that seller to sell? That’s what a good agent finds out!
3. Your Agent will help with documents and disclosures: Man, there is alot of paperwork required to purchase a property, whether it’s residential, investment, vacant land, commercial, or an equestrian property. Not only the offer docs, but the mounds of California State Disclosures can be overwhelming. But, your agent can help decipher them and keep them in order.
4. Your Agent will help you with Inspections..which ones you must have and why: Depending on which type of property you are buying, there are some critical inspections that you simply do NOT want to skip, and there are others that you may wish to have, but that are not required. Which to get, how to interpret them, and how to negotiate with the seller.
5. Agents can make the experience a good time! I enjoy working with my clients in regards to their purchase as well as what’s available in our beautiful valley. It’s fun! My clients and I have a good time looking at properties. Actually finding them, inspecting them, discussing them, looking carefully at the pros and cons of that particular property, and really looking at whether that one suits what the buyer is looking for.
Buyers Agents and Sellers Agents are generally paid by the seller. The commission amount is negotiable. It can be negotiated within the sales price, or it can be added to the sales price. I like to give net sheets to my sellers (and my buyers) that clearly shows how much commission will be at that price, and which agent receives what. There is no mystery, and agents have to be paid for their time. I believe my services support my commission payout!!