Welcome to Desert Island Country Club real estate in Rancho Mirage, California. This secluded, gated high-rise community of 226 condos situated on 160 acres, was built in the early 70’s. Nestled on a 25 acre island, surrounded by a 25 acre sparkling lake, Desert Island boasts a top-rated championship 18-hole golf course, designed by Desmond Muirhead. Read More
Schedule A Showing Online Or Call Kimberley Kelly At 760-285-3578
Desert Island Country Club Homes For Sale
About The Desert Island Country Club Neighborhood
Desert Island is a hidden gem in the heart of the Palm Springs valley. It is the desert’s only high-rise residential property. This private enclave of 226 condos in three high-rise buildings, features spectacular panoramic views of the lake, golf course, and mountain ranges from every unit. There are no homes on the golf course, as private residences are located on the “island” surrounded by the lake
Desert Island’s 110 acre 18-hole championship golf course is an immaculately maintained and mature course laid out along the perimeter of the property. A 39,000 sf, recently remodeled clubhouse, is home to the private golf and country club. This gorgeous clubhouse offers both dining and banquet facilities. Other amenities include 2 night-lit tennis courts, fishing, yacht club and pedal boats. Each building has its own year round heated pool and spa, for residents’ enjoyment.
Desert Island is conveniently located at the corner of Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra Drives, making for easy access to the I-10 freeway.
Real Estate Opportunities
Desert Island real estate offers “Living the Island Life”, at a fantastic Rancho Mirage address. Units range in size from approx. 1,500 sf to 4,000 sf., and range in price from approx. $300,000 to over $1,000,000 for the penthouses.
The HOA dues at Desert Island are approx. $867/mo. This monthly due includes your water, gas, cable TV, HBO, Showtime, insurance, trash pick-up, approx. 95% of air conditioning usage, building & grounds maintenance. There is also a 24 hr. guard at the gate, onsite HOA manager, annual social events, fishing and paddle boat usage.
Desert Island Country Club Amenities
- 18-hole championship golf course designed by Desmond Muirhead
- 39,000 sf newly renovated clubhouse with dining and banquet facilities
- 2 night lit tennis courts
- Fishing in the 25 acre lake
- Yacht club
- Pedal boats
- Year round heated pool and spa at each building
- Annual social events – annual regatta & BBQ at yacht club with pedal boat races
Desert Island Country Club Real Estate Statistics
- Location: Corner of Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra Drives, Rancho Mirage
- Year Opened: 1971
- Number of Condos: 226
- Recent HOA: Approx. $867/mo.
- Recent Condo Values: Approx. $300,000 to approx. $1,000,000
- Club Status: Private
- Golf Course: 18-hole championship course designed by Desmond Muirhead
- Golf Membership: $5,000 for single golfer, $10,000 per couple. Introductory memberships enable you to ‘test drive’ the club before becoming an equity member. Both “single” and “couple” memberships are offered)
- Golf Dues: Single is $6185 per year ($515/mo.); Couple is $12,370 per year ($1030/mo.)
People who like Desert Island Country Club, also tend to enjoy The Lakes Country Club, Oasis Country Club, The Springs Country Club, Palm Valley Country Club, and Indian Ridge Country Club. [gravityform id=2 name=ContactUs]