La Quinta City Picnic Coming! The City of La Quinta is 37 years old! Come celebrate at the La Quinta Civic Center. FREE. WE all love FREE. Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 pm. Celebrate with family, friends, kid stuff to do, snacks, refreshments and FREE stuff to take home.
The City of La Quinta not only has a world class location nestled at the base of the surrounding gorgeous Santa Rosa mountains, central to all Coachella Valley activities. When the Colorado River changed its course 500 years ago, the Eastern Coachella Valley flooded. That flood left water lines on the surrounding mountains that you can still see today..and it also created Lake Cahuilla. Trains brought people from LA to Indio starting in 1876, and La Quintas climate proved ideal for growing dates, corn, grapes and onions. Now, we all know how awesome La Quinta is!
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE CITY OF LA QUINTA
- 25 golf courses, 16 parks, miles of hiking trails and bike paths
- Most of La Quinta is approx. 52 ft. above sea level
- The Median age of residents is 45 years old
- Average La Quinta temperature is 75 degrees
- Gambel’s Qual is the official bird, Purple Sand Verbenia is the flower and the tree is Smoke Tree
It appears the Sellers market is changing to a Buyers’ market, give Kim a call at 760-285-3578 to see what’s available! The Hideaway is one of the golf course options in La Quinta..