Sensible COVID19 changes for Realtors: These are difficult times for all of us, and because I make my living in “the public”, I have had to make some changes to how I conduct business here in the Coachella Valley, starting with interacting with my clients. Here are 5 things that I’ve decided to change in my own life, brought on by the COVID19 virus situation.
5 Changes for Realtors during this COVID19 scare
- Don’t put people in your car to tour properties. This seems pretty obvious since we aren’t supposed to be within 6 feet, but it’s “what we do!” Not now, not with the COVID19 Virus. Just don’t do it.
- Do wear gloves if it makes you feel better. It does me, and I make a joke out of it when showing property. Maybe it doesn’t do any good, and my barn gloves are ugly, but I LIKE wearing them!
- No More hand shaking. I almost always greet new clients with a handshake and card exchange. Now I tell them why we don’t shake, and hand them a card.
- Skip the crowds! Office meetings, open houses, networking, forget about it. Good Grief..small sacrifices.
- Do More reaching out Online. I like seeing my clients/friends, but there just is not going to be as much human contact right now.
I’ve found all my clients/friends are RELIEVED that I’m making the calls..takes the pressure off of them. I suspect they feel the same way, but are glad I am the one setting the boundaries in these harrowing times. The property below has been reduced to 1.2 million.