5 steps to SOLD! Are you thinking about selling your property? Doesn’t matter if it’s a killer resident on a golf course, an entry level home near school, a cabin in the mountains, a mid century in Palm Springs, a piece of land, or an equestrian property..get your property ready to SELL! Contact local Realtor, Kim Kelly at 760-285-3578 for your Free property consultation.
There is no magic or mystery to preparing your property to get the most traffic through it, and to actually SELL it. There is however, a reason to work with an Agent that knows the local market. The reason?? Your Realtor needs to be able to point out what is, and is NOT working on your property. As a seller, you need to put on your buyers shoes, and walk your property with your checkbook, thinking, “would I buy this?”
Here are 5 things to remember to do when preparing your property to get it SOLD! 5 Steps to SOLD…
- Be Objective! Put your emotions aside, and adjust your glasses. Go in front of the property, and LOOK at it. What is the first thing you see? Because that is what the buyer will see too..whether it’s good, or bad, that first impression is critical.
- Clear the paths: What?? Anything you see that blocks the path of your buyer through your property will hinder the sale. If it’s residential, keep the paths to each room, the “flow”, the “feng-shui” clean and clear. If it’s a rural property, same thing. Remove the debris!
- Get rid of the junk: Junk?! Who’s calling my cute stuff “junk?” Get over it. One mans’ trash is another man’s treasure, but when preparing your house, clear it OUT!
- Emphasize what will SELL your house: Is it the View? Is it the kitchen remodel? Is it the Indoor/outdoor flow? Whatever the strongest point of the property is..SELL that, keep the buyers’ focus on the properties strongest point.
- Be Sane about the Price! It’s ok to lead the price/sf. in your community, IF it’s justified. Best location, best view, best floorplan, best upgrades, best turnkey furniture..be sure you are being sane. Buyers study the market and will pay more for a superior place, but they are not stupid. Take the tour below of a beautiful 4 acre farm with custom home..